Green Frog Umbrella

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Long Absence

I haven't posted on this blog since May.  I'm extremely disappointed that I missed my blogoversary in September.  The truth is I just haven't felt like reading.  Nothing has been able to keep my attention.  I ended up playing a video game called The Sims instead.  I made a blog and tell stories and do challenges with the game.  I love it but I really miss reading and the reading blog community.  I don't think that I'll ever be able to go back to reading as many books as I used to read.  I averaged a book a day for about 2 years.  Now I'm lucky if I can get through a few pages.  I've put out a request for recommendations on Goodreads so hopefully I'll get some ideas of books to read from there.  What I had thought was a good idea was to re-read my favorite book.  I thought long and hard and truthfully I can't single out one book or series as my favorite!  I had all these challenges that I had planned to do this year and won't.  But on the bright side I plan to get this blog up and running again.  I'm hoping I can read a book a week.  If you have any ideas of great books please list your favorites in the comments section.  Despite having a huge to-read list on Goodreads I find recommendations are the best way to find books.  Thanks in advance!

~Rainy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Widgets