Green Frog Umbrella

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

(Review) 6th Grave on the Edge ★★☆☆☆

Author: Darynda Jones
Series: Charley Davidson
Genre: Urban Fantasy
352 pages



Few things in life can come between a grim reaper and her coffee, but the sexy, sultry son of Satan is one of them. Now that Reyes Farrow has asked for her hand, Charley Davidson feels it's time to learn more about his past, but Reyes is reluctant to open up. When the official FBI file of his childhood abduction lands in her lap, Charley decides to go behind her mysterious beau’s back and conduct her own investigation. Because what could go wrong?
Unfortunately, another case has fallen into her lap—one with dangerous implications. Some very insistent men want Charley to hunt down a witness who is scheduled to testify against their boss, a major player in the local crime syndicate. If Charley doesn't come up with an address in 48 hours, the people closest to her will start to disappear.

Add to that a desperate man in search of the soul he lost in a card game, a dogged mother determined to find the ghost of her son, and a beautiful, young Deaf boy haunted by his new ability to see the departed as clearly as he sees the living, and Charley has her hands full. The fact that Reyes has caught on to her latest venture only adds fuel to the inferno that he is. Good thing for Charley she's used to multi-tasking and always up for a challenge…especially when that challenge comes in the form of Reyes Farrow.

Charley Davidson is back in Sixth Grave on the Edge, the sexy and suspenseful sixth installment of the New York Times bestselling series by Darynda Jones.


First of all let me say I started reading this book in May. I read approximately 30% of it before I hit a wall and just couldn't go any further. I tried picking it up again several times over the months but it just couldn't catch my interest. Finally I decided enough is enough this is one of my favorite book series and I'm going to read it darnit! There were good parts that I read really fast and then other parts where I had to put the book down again and again. I'm just so sick of Charley getting herself into trouble. She has no value to her own life and just rushes into everything headfirst without thinking. I know it's been that way in all the books but seriously it's getting old.


I really don't know what I could say about this book that isn't already in the description. Even though the new book Seventh Grave and No Body is out I don't know when I'll get around to reading it. I read the description and it sounds like it starts up right where this one left off. I'm just not in the mood for more of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Widgets