Green Frog Umbrella

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

(Review) Wildcat ★★★★☆

ONLY ONE WOMAN CAN TAME HIM
When horse breeder Sara Shield encounters Jerden Morokovitz riding bareback and naked, she's stunned by the magnificence of both man and stallion. But Sara came to Terra Minor to get away from men.

IF SHE CAN GIVE UP HER FEAR...
The murder of Jerden's lover by a deranged woman has left this former star attraction of the Zetithian Palace brothel shattered in mind and body. Jerden is sure Sara can heal his anguish—but not unless he can find the key to her heart.


The book description leaves out quite a bit.  Sara is neighbors with Bonnie and Lynx from book 4 of the Cat Star Chronicles series, Outcast.  They are in the book quite a bit and anyone who knows me knows that I love updates on previous characters.  I figure it's about 20 years since the first book since Jack and Cat have teenage children.  Yes, there's a few parts with them in the book as well as some other books.  I was very pleased.  

But enough about previous characters!  This book is about Sara and Jerden.  Sara has sworn off men due to a rape when she was young and has no interest in any mans advances even Jerden.  Jerden is suffering from the brutal murder of a co-worker at the brothel he worked at before becoming Sara's neighbor.  He has secluded himself because he sees either the face of the girl or her murderer in every woman... until Sara.  

As with all of the Cat Star Chronicle books there are some lengthy sex scenes.  I have to confess to skipping ahead a few times.  One of the things I enjoyed in this book were how wild animals would follow Jerden around.  Including Sara's lost horse.  That horse was a matchmaker I swear!  I also enjoyed the back and forth between Sara and her employees.  Some of it had me laughing so hard.  

All in all a great addition to the Cat Star Chronicles series.  If you aren't familiar with the series it is very good and I would strongly suggest starting with book 1 Slave.  There is a lot that is discussed that someone jumping into the series would be confused about.  Trust me, the books are worth the read.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Widgets