Green Frog Umbrella

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

(Review) How to Seduce a Vampire (Without Really Trying) ★★★☆☆

Author: Kerrelyn Sparks
Series: Love at Stake
Genre: Paranormal Romance
374 pages



Vampire Zoltan Czakvar is on the hunt for the truth about his father's death. He's been searching for a very long time—since 1241, in fact. And he is not about to give up, even when he's attacked by a woman with striking blue eyes and a hell of a right hook!

Neona is also on the hunt. She's looking for a mate, and she thinks muscled Zoltan will work just fine. After all, men are good for only one thing. Soon, though, she realizes there's more to this handsome vampire than just sexual prowess. But she's keeping a secret from Zoltan, something so big that it will rock the vampire world.

Can their newfound love survive . . . even if their passion means the destruction of her world?




I have to admit it took me awhile to get through this book. I actually started it months ago and quit reading and just started back last week. It's a lot different than any of the other Love at Stake books. It has it's funny moments but it's a lot more serious than I'm used to from Kerrelyn Sparks. So much was revealed near the end of the book and there were so many loose ends that I expect the story to pick up with the next book right where it left off in this one.


I never paid much attention to Zoltan in the previous books. He's a vampire that lives as a count in Transylvania. That's about all I can remember of him. How to Seduce a Vampire goes into his past and his character. I really got to like him. He's just an all around nice guy. He meets Neona while investigating the murder of his father. Neona had to grow on me. She's like a warrior princess, literally. She lives in the jungle with a group of warrior women. I didn't know what to think of her at first. She's not your usual Love at Stake heroine. But by the end I liked her too.


It's hard to do a review of this book because so many things happen and there are so many secrets that I don't want to ruin for anyone reading this. Let me just say that if you have a hard time getting into it at the beginning like I did it does get better and it gets really good about halfway through. It's worth the read if anything just to keep up with the series because there's no way you could skip this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Widgets