Green Frog Umbrella

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Dearly, Departed (Gone With the Respiration #1) ★★★★★

Dearly, Departed (Gone with the Respiration #1)Dearly, Departed by Lia Habel
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

My kids will say that I speak zombie blasphemy but it must be said: I liked Dearly, Departed more than my favorite tv show The Walking Dead! There, I said it, whew. I loved this book. What's not to love really? There's zombies, steampunk, victorian, it's futuristic, romantic ect, ect. I swear I highlighted the hell out of this book there were so many good quotes. I shared a lot of them on my updates. I always say that the perfect book will make you laugh and cry. It will make you feel such deep emotions that you connect with the characters. This book did this and more. The chapters are set up similar to The Song of Ice and Fire series. Each chapter is titled by the character that is narrating that chapter. This confused me quite a bit through the book because I had to stop and remember who the chapter was about, it was especially confusing when Bram, Pam and Nora were in the same place.

Lia Habel created such a unique world. I am extremely impressed. I too love victorian books but find them terribly boring. Boring this book was not. Her take on the zombies was captivating. If something happened simialar to how it is set up in the book I can totally see there being people like the Punks and their steampunk creations. I never would have thought that an author could fit so many different things into a book but she did it perfectly.

My favorite character was Bram. He took what had happened to him and made the best of it. I can't decide if I liked Pam or Nora better. I loved how Pam took charge of her family and did what had to be done. Nora was so strong despite everything that happened. I'd rather not talk about my other favorite character due to that being a spoiler. All of Z company was great. I could just gush about this book! But you would be better off reading it than my review. :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Widgets