Green Frog Umbrella

Friday, September 20, 2013

Ellie's Wolf (After the Crash #5) ★★★★☆

Ellie's Wolf (After the Crash, #5)Ellie's Wolf by Maddy Barone
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I've been going back and forth with myself over my rating for this book. I absolutely loved the first 80% of the book. The last 20% seemed unnecessary... or mabye it was just me. Also it was like she realized oh yea Ellie is supposed to be from a religious commune I'd better throw a bunch of religion in there at the end. As you can see, I'm torn over this review. I'd say 3 1/2 stars if we could, so I upped it since I liked majority of the book.

Enough of that... on to the review! So my first thoughts since I did not read any of the rest of the series is that this reminds me of a brainstorming exercise they would make us do in language arts in school. Imagine that terrorists wiped out most of the women leaving a ratio of 1 to 200 men, what would happen? I would say exactly what happens in this book. Bride fights, women stealers, women marrying young and remarrying soon after being widowed. Since I didn't read the first books I'm not exactly sure why they live like the wild west but I liked it.

As far as characters go Quill was my favorite. I can't say enough about how much I loved him! If I lived in this world I would say Quill is the perfect mate. Ellie I liked as well until she started with the religious internal dialog. I can understand why it was in the book due to her character profile but it just didn't seem to fit with the rest of the book. I loved Jelly/Stone, Snake and Mel as well. Sara annoyed me at first and then she grew on me. I even liked Tommy and Connor! Seriously I loved the characters in this book and I think the whole concept is unique and I plan to read the rest of the series.

So... if you like shifter romances, western-type romances or are just looking for something different you'll like this book. Quill is sooo worth the read. :)


My favorite quote, I didn't want to add it to quotes and ruin the surprise!(view spoiler)

*Book provided by the Author through PNR NaUBA group Author/Reader Exchange*

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Widgets