Green Frog Umbrella

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Closed Hearts (Mindjack Trilogy #2) ★★★★★

Closed Hearts (Mindjack Trilogy, #2)Closed Hearts by Susan Kaye Quinn
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I have to say now that I have finished this book I feel like my mind has been jacked! Wow what an action-packed and emotionally draining book! Now, if you are looking at this book and wondering if you can skip Open Minds I would strongly suggest against it. You would be lost. This book is so action packed and has so much going on you won't be able to put it down!

I love Kira but I actually expected her to be different in this book somehow. More like Anna, which is ironic because Kira even looks at Anna and thinks she should be more like her. I think this is what Julian was expecting Kira to be like too. But really why should an author do what we expect? What fun is there in that??? So she's struggling with everything and isn't living up to the person that she could be. She's so bogged down in fear it's holding her back. I think we'll see a big change in the next book. I have to admit I was totally team Julian from the moment they met. I sooo hope there's something there! Now, don't take my comments about Kira badly. Kira is cool. Like how she can't park. Or her names for people and things... Camp of Flies, Granite Guy, Mr. Muscle, ect. I thought all the new mages in this book were great. I was shocked by all of the anti-jacker technology that turned up so fast and Jackertown coming together.

Did I mention I am team Julian? Well here are my favorite quotes from the book to go along with that. Hehe.

"What about when they realize we're jackers? What are you going to do? Give everyone a sudden urge to fulfill the mating instinct?"
"Julian was a puzzle that was hurting my brain."
"Oh man-now I was starting to think like Julian." One more book left in the trilogy, but first I want to read the Mindjack Origins series... they are novellas. Oh and fyi, when you read the book: grab a box of tissues!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Widgets