Green Frog Umbrella

Friday, December 27, 2013

Feature & Follow Friday #7

I have been so busy that I haven't posted to this blog in two weeks!  I thought a good way to start back would be with Feature & Follow Friday.  So happy #FF everyone, it's good to be back!!

This is a weekly meme hosted by: Alison Can Read and Parajunkee that is aimed to help bloggers grow their audience and make new friends. They feature two bloggers every week and have a question for everyone to answer...

This week's question:
Merry Christmas! Happy Holidays! What books did Santa stuff your stocking with this holiday season? Do a holiday book haul for us!  Pictures!!!

Sweet Tea, Fried Chicken & Lazy Dogs is about life in North Carolina it's sort of an auto-biography of the authors stories that he posted in a newspaper.  Each story is only 2 pages so I've already read a few.  It seems pretty cute.  

Normally I go through non-fiction phases where I find books about things that interest me and research like a mad woman.  The China Study is that type of book.  I've only skimmed it but it seems to be a fairly scary tell all about why our diets effect our health.  Hopefully I'll get in a researchy mood and can read some of that one soon.  





14 comments:

  1. I've read parts of the China study, and it really did change the way I eat. Not as drastically as recommended in that book, but I do think about some of the things I learned. (not sure I believe ALL of it...) Enjoy! Old follower who didn't do an FF post because I didn't get ANY books for Christmas! Unbelievable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to hear that someone else has read this book.

      Delete
  2. Cool, never heard of them before!
    Old follower!
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look awesome!
    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2013/12/follow-friday_27.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great haul! Happy Holidays and happy reading!

    The Book Cove FF -Jessi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy reading! Visiting back for FF and new follower.

    Mariko @ The Storybook Kingdom

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both of the books are new to me, have fun reading!
    Old Follower!

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, non-fiction just doesn't do it for me. Hope you enjoy!

    New GFC follower.
    Holly @ Words Fueled by Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha Me either! It'll take awhile before I get through these books I'm sure.

      Delete
  8. Both books are new to me, but I especially find the China study rather interesting!

    New GFC Follower. My FF: Isabelle's Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I like the bird and the umbrella cursor. Cute.
    Non fiction is not my cup of tea but a book about how diets affect our health, well sounds interesting to me. I may check it out then.

    Thanks for stopping by and old follower.

    Amie @Magic of Words

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi there, following thru from Parajunkie's FF, and now following you via GFC , Bloglovin, Google Plus & Twitter. You can find my blog at Kismet Book Reviews & Tours
    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the book with Sweet Tea in the title. The title alone makes me want to read it! I am gonna have to look into it some more! Great haul :)

    New Follower!

    Amber @ Paradise of Pages

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Widgets