Green Frog Umbrella

Friday, December 6, 2013

I'm Dreaming of an Undead Christmas ★★★★★


Audiobook
Author: Molly Harper
Genre: Paranormal
3hrs 43mins

It's Christmas in Half-Moon Hollow and newly turned vampire Iris Scanlon-Calix wants to make Gigi's first visit home from college as normal and special as possible. It's taken months for Iris to work up the nerve to spend time around her baby sister after her vampire transition, so she enlists help from Jane Jameson and Company to keep her blood-thirst under control and assure Gigi's safety.

Gigi, on the other hand, has problems of her own, including the demise of her relationship with high school sweetheart, Ben, and a looming job interview with Ophelia Lambert, the scariest potential employer in the Hollow. And then there's the small matter of the handsome, frustrating vampire who keeps appearing in Gigi's peripheral vision, then disappearing before she can talk to him.

Can the Scanlon sisters negotiate romantic problems, vampire politics, and Christmas cookie disasters and enjoy a relatively normal holiday?
   
  I was just looking through Booklikes posts when I saw that Molly Harper had a free Christmas audio!  I downloaded and started listening to it immediately!  I love Half Moon Hollow and the Jane Jameson books.  I've been waiting on pins and needles for the new Naked Werewolf book to come out at the end of the month.  Let's just say I'm a huge Molly Harper fan and leave it at that.  This story was about Gigi who if you remember The Care and Feeding of Stray Vampires is Iris's younger sister.  I'm Dreaming of an Undead Christmas happens approximately 3 years after that book.

     Iris has recently been turned into a vampire and is obsessed with giving Gigi a classic Christmas.  She's driving Gigi crazy.  In addition to that she wants to break up with her long-time boyfriend Ben and is being stalked by a hot vampire. (Can we say new Half Moon Hollow book?)  I loved how Molly Harper brought back all the characters from previous books and gave us updates on all of them.  I think it's awesome when authors do that for us.  I'm Dreaming of an Undead Christmas had me grinning and laughing my butt off for the almost 4 hours that it lasted.  It also left me wanting more!  

On a side note:  Listening to funny audiobooks gets me the strangest looks from my family, just saying.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Widgets