Green Frog Umbrella

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2014 Book Blogger New Years Challenge Day 2




Day 2 The Pros & Cons of blogging:

I haven't been blogging all that long so I'm kind of winging it here...

Pros-

  • I can share my passion for books with other people who have a passion for books.
  • I don't have to see that glazed expression people get on their faces when I talk about books.
  • It's fun!
  • I feel like I'm part of something.
  • Sometimes authors stop by my blog or tweet links to my blog and that's just awesome.
  • It gives me an outlet to express my thoughts whether good or bad.
Cons-
  • Sometimes when I'm really into reading I just want to go to the next book and not write the review.
  • I feel uncomfortable writing negative reviews.
  • It's a lot more work than people seem to think it is.
  • It's not just about writing your own blog but visiting others blogs and sometimes I don't feel up to commenting.

6 comments:

  1. Quote: "I don't have to see that glazed expression people get on their faces when I talk about books."
    LOL.

    I hear you about having an outlet and absolutely agree on the hard work part. Also, stopping by other blogs is often time-consuming for me, because I do want to say something that matters, not just leave the usual "great post" comment. But it's worth it :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your first 2 cons are how I feel too a lot of the time. When a review has been requested by an author and it turns out negative I feel especially uncomfortable and tend not to send the author a link to it.

    I think commenting on posts like these are a lot easier than commenting on other bookish posts. When a blog is all book reviews I really have nothing to say to the post!

    - Farhana @ Digesting The Words

    ReplyDelete
  3. I usually don't feel up to commenting either...but look at me, I'm doing it.Forced march right. Love the glazed look comment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you about the bad reviews. I try to choose wisely , and fortunately there hasn't been any bad book until now, but I have just started.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are awesome points! I actually feel like not writing reviews sometimes and then I would have a whole stack of books to write reviews for and I forget how I felt about it lol So sad!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "I don't have to see that glazed expression people get on their faces when I talk about books."
    This made me laugh! Thanks. But often very true. I love to share too and more people in my personal life tune me out after a minute or two so blogging with fellow book lovers is great!

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Widgets