Green Frog Umbrella

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

(Review) Wicked Waves ★★★★★


Author: Sharon Kay
Genre: Paranormal Romance
355 pages

Making daggers out of raindrops is only the tip of the iceberg for Brooke Bonham. As one of four women who can control the elements, her ability to manipulate water packs a deluge of potential. Eager to learn more, she’s frustrated at the precautions she must take to avoid the wrong kind of attention on Earth.

Kai's duties as a Lash demon have kept him busy on Earth for nearly two hundred years. Fighting? He was born to do it. Females? They're drawn to him. And Earth? The perfect place for him to avoid supernatural bounty hunters.

Though the two of them mix like oil and water, Kai senses that beneath Brooke’s frosty exterior hides a vortex of simmering passion. He’s determined to thaw his ice princess.

Forced to work together in the immortal realm, they track a rogue Lash demon at the helm of a widespread kidnapping operation. All too soon, Kai’s dark past catches up to them. Time runs out as a second enemy, bent on revenge, vows to stop at nothing short of Brooke’s enslavement and Kai’s death. As they and their foes stalk each other in a demonic game of cat-and-mouse, will her evolving skills and their fledgling bond be enough to save them?

*I received a copy of this book from the author in return for an honest review*

I just finished reading Wicked Waves and all I can say is wow!  I loved Wicked Wind, the first book in the Solsti Prophecy series, and was afraid that I wouldn't like the second book as much as the first.  I was so wrong.  I actually liked Wicked Waves more than Wicked Wind.  If Sharon Kay keeps this up the third book will be awesome.  I can't wait for Gin's book.  There's just not enough demon books out there!  Especially hot demons like in the Solsti series.

The story picks up a few weeks after the ending of the first book.  As Brooke says "Things that used to seem weird were becoming the new normal."  The action starts right from the beginning as well as the tension between Brooke and Kai.  Now, I started this book during a reading slump so I was afraid I would have a hard time finishing it on time. Curiousity on how they will manage to get together makes me want to keep reading.  I take notes while I'm reading books and I noted twice: This book is hot!  The tension between them is strong.  The story just keeps getting better and better and I totally didn't expect this story to go where it does.

One cool thing is the continuation of Raniero and Ashina's story.  If you remember in Wicked Wind they were torn apart and Ashina hidden from Raniero for almost 100 years.  How that ends out had me bouncing up and down saying I know what's gonna happen next!  

Brook and Kai end up in Torth, the alternative universe, just like Nicole and Gunnar did in the first book.  But they visit a much different area.  Let's just say that Brooke's visit is not nearly as relaxing as Nicole's was.  I felt there was a better villian in this book.  Also a bit of foreshadowing for the villian in the next book as well.  Despite all the kick-ass-ness of this story (is that a word?) it is still very romantic and did I mention hot?  For sure, pick up this one but read the Wicked Wind first or you will be confused.

Favorite Quotes:

"If she wasn't careful, they'd crush her with sensual, devastating percision."

"Yeah, I'll just put that on my calendar: visit a really old witch.  In the demon realm.  I'll pencil her in for Tuesday night."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Widgets