Green Frog Umbrella

Saturday, January 4, 2014

How to Run with a Naked Werewolf ★★★★☆

Author: Molly Harper
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Source: NetGalley- Pocket Books
352 pages

Down, Boy
Anna Moder has just witnessed a shooting, seen her car pulverized, and rescued a wounded stranger only to discover he's really a werewolf. And by her recent standards, things are actually looking up. Lycanthropes don't faze Anna. Doctoring a wolf pack outside Grundy, Alaska, is the closest thing to home life she's known in years. But hitching a ride to Anchorage with long-absent pack member Caleb Graham that&'s a risk. Part of her itches to whack his nose with a newspaper. The rest is trying unsuccessfully to keep her own paws off every delicious inch of him.
The problem is, Caleb employs his lupine tracking abilities as a notquite- legal bounty hunter, and Anna is suspicious of both him and his profession. On the run from her past, with old problems closing in, she'd like to stay far, far away from anybody with connections to the law. Caleb, however, seems determined to keep her close. Are his intentions noble, or is he working a more predatory angle?
Anna's been dreaming of returning to a semi-normal life, but now she's experiencing a strange new urge . . . to join Caleb in running with the wolves.


     I swear I have been waiting for this book forever!  I was so thrilled when I found out that Molly Harper was putting out another Naked Werewolf book.  It did not disappoint at all!  Now, it's been awhile since I read the first two books and I would advise anyone who hasn't read them or if it's been a long time like it was for me... just read the first two.  There were several times when names were mentioned that I either had a vague recollection of that person or I was just clueless.  It wasn't quite as funny as Holly Harper's other books from her Half Moon Hollow series but then again the subject matter was more serious.

     Anna has been running from an abusive relationship and living under an assumed name for years.  I liked her from the start, she's just funny and likeable.  It starts off with her wanting to throw a canned ham at a customer at the little store that she works at and she gets funnier as the book goes on.  Like when she compares Caleb to Dog the bounty hunter!  I laughed so hard.  A lot happens in this book and the action starts right away with Caleb getting shot and Anna's car getting blown up.

     This isn't one of those love at first site werewolf-meets-his-mate type of books.  The relationship progresses throughout the book.  I liked the references to previous books even if I couldn't remember all of the other books.  In the end there's an even better surprise but I won't breathe a word because I was so excited I yelled no way and scared my family.  You'll love it.  All in all How to Run with a Naked Werewolf was funny, romantic and an altogether enjoyable read.  All of Molly Harper's books are such a joy to read. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Widgets