Green Frog Umbrella

Monday, October 7, 2013

Dark Lycan (Dark Carpathians #24) ★★☆☆☆

Dark Lycan (Dark, #24)Dark Lycan by Christine Feehan
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

This book was 85% fighting, 5% arguing and 10% sex. The Dark/Carpathian series used to be one of my favorites. After the last book and then this one I am loosing faith in it. On the bright side there were some updates on some of the previous characters. Mikail, Gregory and their families. There were a few parts with some of the kids that I enjoyed too. Mostly I was interested in Dimitri and Skylar, which despite my disappointment I will read that book.

This book is about Tatijana and Fenris. Tatijana is one of the dragons that was frozen in ice by the evil mage Xavier in a previous book. She's decided to explore the world for the first time ever. Fenris is Dimitri's brother who has never been mentioned in any of the other books. This is because Fenris shared blood with a lycan, so he is part lycan and part Carpathian. He has this whole hissy fit thinking the Carpathian's will kill him for his lycan blood. He won't mate Tatijana because of it. My favorite part of the book is when Fen sings to Tatijana at a party.

The rest of the book was fighting between the vampire/lycan hybrids and their lycan counterparts. Don't get me wrong, I love a good fight but it just seemed to drag on and on! It felt like the publisher said we need more pages and so she threw 5 more fights in as filler. Some of it was really cool like when the Carpathians posed as livestock to trick the bad lycans. Other than that the fights were too long. There was too much angst for me. Also, the end is a cliffhanger so if you hate them as much as I do... wait for the next book. Hopefully it is Dimitri's!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Widgets