Green Frog Umbrella

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Dream Doctor (Dreams #2) ★★★★☆

Author: J.J. DiBenedetto
Version: Audio
Narrator: Heather Jane Hogan

     I had a couple of preconceived ideas about this book that I am very happy that I was wrong about.  First, I thought since it's Dream Doctor that it was like 8 years after Dream Student.  It's actually only a year and a half after the first book.  Second, when reading the synopsis for the book I thought that there were going to be major relationship problems between Sara and Brian in this
book.  I get tired of falling in love with a couple and then having the author butcher the relationship in the next book.  It just makes me feel sick while reading it.  I'm happy to say I loved this book and have absolutely no complaints!  It has even more of a mystery to it than the last book.

     I think I learned more than I'd ever want to know about medical school in this book.  I love it when books go into the characters careers or in this case schooling.  I can't imagine that the author didn't do any research on this book because it's very thorough.  So in addition to lots of medical school and average day life as a newlywed Sara starts having her dreams again.  Everyone seems to be dreaming about one of her professors dying.  But who is the one actually trying to kill him?  Yay mystery!

     Sara and Brian's love at first sight relationship caught my heart in the first book and it continues in this book.  It's not like boring mushy stuff, just everyday life.  Little jealousy and misunderstandings that always come with newer relationships.  In addition to that they both have overloaded schedules.  I found the mystery intriguing and everything else was icing.  I'm looking forward to the next book in this series.

Favorite Quote:

"If she so much as puts a hand on him I'll cut her heart out.  I know how to do it too, I've been reading ahead.  The instructions are right there in Grant's Dissector page 75.  I think I'll mark the page with a post-it note just in case."

   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Widgets