Green Frog Umbrella

Saturday, October 26, 2013

Wicked Wind (Solsti Prophecy #1) ★★★★☆

Author: Sharon Kay 

**Book provided by the Author through PNR NaUBA group Author/Reader Exchange**

     I loved this book.  It had so many twists and turns and surprises!  I always try to find something to compare books to for others to make it easier to decide if they'd be interested.  The closest series would have to be the Immortals After Dark... there are immortals, mostly demons... mabye the Demonica series.  It was one of those books that grabs you from the start and you just can't help but be pulled along for the ride.  There's romance, a lot of fighting and quite a bit of surprises along to way.

     We start off with Nicole and her sister Brooke.  They have some pretty awesome powers.  The book is about Nicole.  Happily there'll be a second book with Brooke.  Nicole "can manipulate air currents, make them stronger, change their direction, and cause them to move objects."  In addition to that she's a pretty bad-ass fighter.  She meets up with Gunnar and boy is that a hot meeting!    Gunnar is a Lash demon. (kinda like the demon police)  He's also a bad-ass fighter and has demonfire to boot.  Nicole thought she was just a human freak but Gunnar thinks that she is more.  He takes her to meet with all of his Lash demon buddies.  BTW I love the guys names especially Kai and Rhys.  A house full of hot demon hunks?  Hell yes!  So I don't want to give away more but let's just say there's lots of ups and downs and stuff you'd never guess at happening.  

     I thought Nicole was pretty awesome.  She was totally not conceited even though she had reason to be.  She was very cool and down to earth.  Gunnar was just hotness personified.  Their relationship itself was just hot.  I guess this could be classified as erotica but most erotica doesn't have such a good story-line so I'd hate to do that to it.  But yes, the sex scenes are pretty great.  I love books like this where meeting each other turns both of their worlds upside down.  I really enjoyed the book and am looking forward to seeing what happens with Brooke in the second book.  I think this has the potential to be a great series.

     If you like hot demons, hotter sex, paranormal romance, parallel worlds and kick-ass heroines this book is for you!  

Favorite Quote:
"I'm a Lash demon."
"You? A demon?" she sputtered, sitting up fast.  She knew he let her. "But you're not-"
"Not what?"
"Not...hideous. Deformed. Scaly."
"My, you have a way with compliments,"he said dryly.  "That'll keep me going all week, knowing I'm not hideous."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Widgets