Green Frog Umbrella

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

First Bite (Dark Wolf #1) ★★★★☆

Author: Dani Harper 
I received this book in return for an honest review courtesy of the publisher via NetGalley.




★★★★☆

This book sucked me in from the start, there were some parts in the beginning that confused me but worry not, you will get your answers.  Some of them will shock you!  I know at one point I just sat with my jaw dropped saying no way!


Neva is terrified that she will become a werewolf.  She doesn't trust Travis because she believes he is the same as what she is running from.  Travis is a lone wolf and doesn't understand the strange pull he has to help Neva.  Meredith is the scary-as-hell sire of Neva.  She uses her wolves to draw energy from them, she uses mind control and magical possession.  My thoughts on Meredith: she's freaking insane!  Finally a blonde villain... have you ever noticed they always seem to have black or red hair??  The other characters are Baker and Riley.  I thought Baker was hilarious.


The story will pull you in and drag you for a wild ride.  There's a bit of humor thrown in to make it even better.  It's definitely a suspense novel.  I really liked both Neva and Travis.  Although the ending was not a cliffhanger there's a big space there for the next book.  I fully intend to read the next Dark Wolf book.  I'm dying to know what happens!  I would like to make this review longer but there are so many surprises in the book I'm afraid to give one away.  You'll just have to read it yourself to find out what happens.


My favorite quotes:


"Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not after you."


"He sniffed her.  The rubbery black nose inhaled deeply as it passed back and forth over her face, along her throat, her ears.  Jeez, it was like being vacuumed-only most Hoovers didn't have the potential to bite her face off."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Widgets